Mon, Sep 11|
UCNCBA Beginning Bee School, Fall 2023
Union County NC Beekeepers Association is pleased to announce their Fall 2023 Beginning Bee School
Time & Location
Sep 11, 8:37 PM – 8:53 PM
Monroe, 307 Cultivation Cir, Monroe, NC 28112, USA
About the event
FALL 2023 Beginning BEEKEEPING SCHOOL
Union County NC Beekeepers Association announce their 2023 education for beginning beekeeping!!
- 8 In-Person Class Sessions
- Comprehensive session content
- Covers material needed to become an NC Certified Beekeeper
- Presented by Certified Beekeepers
- Door prizes at each session
- Opportunity to take the NC Certified Beekeeper exam
What does this include?
- ‘Beekeeping for Dummies 5th edition’ paperback book
- 2024 UCNCBA Club membership
- Union County Beekeepers Club T-Shirt
- 8 Sessions of Learning & Fun!
- State beekeeper certification exam and practical exam opportunity.
- Free mentoring from experienced beekeepers (Must take state exam to receive a mentor)
- Free Giveaways after every class!
What will I learn about?
- Races of honey bees and terminology
- Anatomy, biology, and physiology of honeybees
- Types of hives, hive parts, and accessories
- Products of the Hive
- Why keep honeybees, agricultural dependence,
- history of honeybees
- Startup cost and equipment needed
- Feeding, transporting & hive placement
- Why honeybees swarm and their management
- Disorders, parasites, and hive invaders
- How bees make it through the cold winter months & what we can do to help
- How to inspect a hive
- Pollination and management of a hive throughout different seasons.
- When, where and how to buy bees
What else does this include?
- Hands-on how to light a smoker
- Hands-on building frames and boxes
- Hands-on teaching hive
- Mentor to help guide you with your bees (Must take state exam to receive a mentor)
All classes are at 6:30-9:00pm at the Simponson Event Center
- 09/06 - Orientation
- 09/11 - Introduction to Honey Bees and Beekeeing
- 09/25 - Bee anatomy and Behavior
- 10/02 - Time to Get Started (Equipment)
- 10/09 - Acquiring and Installing Bees
- 10/30 - Seasonal Management (Hands-On Session)
- 11/06 - Keeping Bees Health
- 11/13 - Review & Exam
This school is 8 sessions long. Each class is filled with pertinent info to your success as a beekeeper. Each night is 2.5 hours long. We understand we all have lives outside of beekeeping. Life happens, schedules changes, and classes get missed.
- Please arrive 15 minutes before class starts as we have a tight schedule and a lot to cover.
- Missing 1 Night of class - You are allowed to miss one night of class and still be eligible to take the state examination.
- Missing 2 or more nights - Once a second night of class is missed you will be ineligible to take your state certification exam until those sessions are made up.
- Session missed will need to be made up during our next school, usually next spring or fall.
Refund Policy We are committed to providing our students with high-quality instruction, but we understand that sometimes circumstances arise that may require a refund. The follow is our refund policy
- Refunds are at the full discretion of the UCNCBA and will not be issued unless there are extreme and unavoidable circumstances offered.
- After 2 sessions of instruction, no refunds will be issued.
Questions? Contact Carolanne Ciavolella at: email@example.com
Session 1: Orientation Meeting
Session 2: Introduction to Honeybees and BeekeepingSimpson Event Center
UCNCBA Fall 2023 Admission
Please bring this ticket along with a photo ID to all class sessions.